Friday 5 December 2014

Damson jam


This year's autumn jam, made a couple of weeks back from damsons from my parents garden. A bumper crop this year! They'd been stored in the freezer until I was ready to deal with them, which I find makes things pretty easy. Now, I've made this a good few times, and this year's is particularly good, though I say so myself (smug smile). Not overdone, not runny, and that beautiful jewel-like colour that you get, with a good balance of sweet and tangy. This is a good recipe, if any come your way! Flippin' perfect on a vanilla sponge (courtesy of boyfriend - very pleased with himself. An excellent cake it was too).

For those of you who are very much enjoying Jam News, and I know there are many of you, good news: its nearly time for Project Christmas Jam! Coming soon...

PS, you may have noticed that the embarrassing graphic designer in me couldn't resist making proper labels for my jars. Sigh...

2 comments:

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

That looks both beautiful and delicious! Well done!

Louise said...

Why, thank you! :)